IISc Admission 2019 – Indian Institute of Science (IISc)provides education in the field of advanced scientific and technological research. It is going to conduct IISc 2019 entrance exam for the admission to UG, PG, M.Mgt and M.Tech courses. Admission into other courses will be done through JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, CEED, JAM, JEST, UGC NET, KVPY & other entrance test.
IISc Admission 2019
IISc Admission 2019 will be commenced from the month of February 2019. IISc offers education in the field of advanced scientific and technological research. Students have to qualify the above mentioned test to get admission in various courses offered by IISc. Through this article, students can check details for IISc Admission 2019 including application form, eligibility, dates, admission, etc.
IISc Bangalore Admission 2019
|Exam Types||UG & PG Level|
|Courses Offered||Science, Engineering, Design & Management|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Science, Banglore|
IISc Admission Date
IISc Events (UG Courses) Important Dates
|Events (UG Courses)||Important Dates|
|Online Application Form Starts from||1st week of February 2019|
|Last Date to submit the Application Form||Last week of April 2019|
|Last Date to Submit the Scores of (KVPY, IIT-JEE(Main), IIT- JEE (Advance), NEET)||1 week from the declaration of result|
|Reporting at IISC for Admission||Last week of July 2019|
|Submission of Online Applications||1st week of February 2019|
|Last Date to submit the Application||4th week of March 2019|
|Last Date to Submit the Scores of CSIR – UGC NET for JRF/UGC-NET for JRF/ICMR-JRF/DBTJRF/JEST exams||Last week of April 2019|
|Aptitude Test/Interview for M.Tech & M.Mgt||3rd week of April (M.Mgt), 3rd week of May(M.Tech)|
|Reporting at IISC||4th week of July 2019|
|Classes Begin from||1st August 2019|
IISc Application Form 2019
The application form will be filled and submitted through online mode only. Below provided short details about application process.
- IISc application form will be Start from the first week of February 2019.
- Students have to register through Email ID and create a new user account to start the online application process.
- Students are required to upload the scanned images of photograph, Student’s signature, parent/guardian’s signature and caste certificate.
- Fill all the details in the application carefully as per the instructions given.
- Students must take printout of the application form further use.
IISC Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for IISC which includes the Age limit for Indian Institute of Science TEST 2019, Indian Institute of Science Admission Qualification as follows.
IISC Age Limit
- There’s no Specific age limit to appear in Entrance Test 2019.
For Ug Course, The Minimum Qualification for the Students must pass the 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject or equivalent examination from a recognized board. With minimum 60% marks of aggregate. And The Applicant Must have qualified KVPY/JEE Main/ JEE Advance or NEET.
For PG Course The Minimum Qualification is BE/ B Tech/ B Des/ B.Arch. And the candidates Must Pass Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree with a valid GATE/CAT/GMAT scores.
IISC PhD Admission 2019
Candidates possessing a minimum of second class in the following degrees are eligible to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/4-year Bachelor of Science: Valid GATE score* or NET JRF** is mandatory
- Master’s degree in Science / Master’s degree in Economics, Geography, Social Work, Psychology, Management, Commerce, Operations Research, Computer Science/ Application: Valid GATE score or NET JRF is mandatory
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Agriculture/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary Science: Desirable to have a valid GATE score or NET JRF.
- MS/MBA (post BE/B.Tech) – (applicable for the department of Management Studies/Ecological Sciences): Desirable to have valid GATE score or NET JRF.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering/ Technology from any centrally funded technical institution, with a minimum CGPA of 8.5 out of 10 or its equivalent: Desirable to have valid GATE score or NET JRF.
- MBBS/MD: Desirable to have valid GATE score or NET JRF
IISC Admission Fee
- After filling full details in online application take print copies of application form. Students can pay application form fees on online mode.
- Through the debit/credit card, visa card, master card or net banking application fees payment can be done. Once payment is done it will not be refunded or transferred back to candidates.
- Students can pay the application fee by debit/credit card, visa card, master card or net banking.
- The application fee will be non-refundable.
- In the table given below, we have mentioned the detailed application fee for various courses.
|Undergraduate General||OBC & KM||Rs. 500|
|SC, ST & PWD||Rs. 250|
|Postgraduate||General, OBC, Sponsored students from Defence, DRDO, BARC, KSRTC, BMTC, ISRO, NAL, NTRO, BDA PWD, and CPRI||Rs. 800|
|SC, ST & PWD||Rs. 400|
|ERP candidates (all categories)||Rs. 2000|
IISC 2019 Exam Pattern
- All Students should know Exam pattern so they can prepare for exam according to it.
- In exam pattern all details are provided such as the language of paper, a number of question asked, paper mode, Marking Scheme and Negative Marking etc.
- The rank or merit marks in the Qualified Examination through this IISC 2019 Admission is possible.
- The Category of Selection Process is Different for the Candidates as their selected course. Check below following important points.
The Following are Categories of selection into the Indian Institute of Science Admission.
- General category candidates: 60%
- OBS: 54%
- SC/ST/PH: 30
IIsc 2019 Admission Procedure
Admission procedure in Indian Institute of science is different for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
For Undergraduate courses
Students will be shortlisted on the basis of merit list to be prepared according to the marks obtained by Students in national level exams such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, KVPY, and NEET UG.
A cut off will be released IISc for general and reserved category candidates as per the regulations of Government of India.
For Postgraduate courses
Students will be shortlisted on the basis of GATE score for the admission to M.Tech programme. For other courses merit list will be created on the basis of GATE score and marks obtained in the aptitude test or interview.
IISc 2019 Admit Card
- Students who successfully submitted their application or registration can only download their Admit card.
- Admit Card will be published on the official portal in online mode.
- Keep your hall ticket safe and carry it in examination hall without it candidates will be not allowed to enter in examination hall.
- keep printed copies of Admit card ticket for further needs.
- Admit Card will be made available on official website IISc .
IISc Cut Off
IISC receives the application from Students will be placed in merit list as per rank secured in the examination. A separate merit list will be prepared for national level entrance examinations. The Qualified Students will be called for the interview round on the basis of the merit list. The seat allotment will be given on the basis of the performance in the examination and number of seats available.
The Qualified Students who qualify the multiple examinations will be included in all the appropriate merit lists and Separate merit lists will be made for the Students belonging to different reserved categories.
The expected qualifying cut off for UG courses of JEE Main, JEE Advanced is mentioned below:
Category Qualifying Cut-off
SC, ST & PWD 30%
For More Details Check Official Website – > Link
For Details of Admission — >> Link
Established in 1909, IISc is India’s leading institution of advanced education and research in the sciences and in engineering. From its beginnings, IISc has laid equal emphasis on fundamental investigations and the solution of practical problems in such a setting.
IISc’s reputation and preeminence ensures that it attracts the best of young faculty members trained in the best laboratories around the world. Our faculty, numbering around 500, carries out research across 42 departments in most areas of the basic and applied sciences, publishing vigorously in premier journals.
The Institute’s commitment to excellence is not restricted to the high calibre of its faculty. With some of the best students in the country seeking entry into IISc, the Institute ensures that the students who are admitted are exposed to a strong research training programme and pursue cutting edge research. The Institute has a student population of around 4,200, of which there are about 2,750 doctoral students, roughly 950 master’s students, and about 500 students in a four-year, research oriented undergraduate programme in the sciences. The doctoral students are carefully selected based on their performance in national examinations, in addition to personal interviews. All the degree programmes emphasise the Institute’s stated objective of conducting original investigations. The Institute also has a Centre for Continuing Education which offers several courses to those from outside IISc. These courses are designed keeping in mind the requirements of non-traditional students like high school teachers, researchers and engineers.
IISc has a vibrant and diverse campus spread over 440 acres of greenery in the city of Bengaluru, formerly Bangalore, India’s hub of high-technology companies (in aerospace, electronics, and information technology), educational and research institutions, and numerous start-ups. With the help of a recently-established office called DIGITS, we are now in the process of creating a best-in-class IT and networking system.
The Institute also has a new campus at Challakere in the Chitradurga district of Karnataka. The flagship project of this 1,500 acre campus has been a training programme for science teachers. This programme has now been recognized as a Centre for Excellence in Science and Mathematics Education by the Government of India.
Mission of IISc
IISc aims to be among the world’s foremost academic institutions, through the pursuit of research excellence and the promotion of innovation, by offering world class education to train future leaders in science and technology and by applying science and technology breakthroughs for India’s wealth creation and social welfare.
Contact Details of IISc
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore 560 012, INDIA
Telephone – +91-80-23600757
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org