IGNOU Courses 2019 – Indira Gandhi National Open University has released the list of IGNOU 2019 courses along with the official notification regarding admissions. Students are free to apply for any of courses of IGNOU 2019 ranging from UG and PG to certificate and diploma. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) runs various diplomas, undergraduate, postgraduate diplomas and postgraduate distance learning programs for its aspirants.
IGNOU University Courses
IGNOU is a distance learning national university in India. Today we are providing the detailed List of IGNOU Distance Education Courses like Diploma courses, Graduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral Degree and other certificate courses available, Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU bachelors and masters programs in all over India. IGNOU University Courses List of this year has been provided here.
IGNOU Courses 2019, Online, Regular, Distance Courses, full list of IGNOU courses
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers more than 226 programs of various undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses in various disciplines. It is currently engaged in offering education to approximately 4 million students in India and abroad. Other than Open and Distance Learning Courses IGNOU has started many Online Courses as well. On this page you can find information on IGNOU University Courses.
IGNOU admission 2019
IGNOU admission is conducted for candidates who seek admissions into the below mentioned UG/PG/Certificate/Diploma courses. The admissionsare being conducted conducted from November 5, 2018 to January 15, 2019 for January 2019 cycle and between May and August 2019 for July 2019 cycle.
Students are free to apply for any of courses of IGNOU 2019 ranging from UG and PG to certificate and diploma. Candidates will find a list of IGNOU courses 2019 given in this page.
IGNOU Courses List
At IGNOU there is a course for everyone and this promise is supported with uncompromising quality and credibility. Following are some of the main courses available under the Indira Gandhi National Open University Course Curriculum. The candidates can avail these courses in the regular as well as distance modes for the students depending upon the course structure and teaching modes. following is a detailed list of Courses offered by IGNOU 2019.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- PG and Advance Diploma
- PG and Advance Certificate
- Non-Credit Programmes
- Online Programmes
- Doctoral Degree
- Phil Programmes
- Certificate courses
IGNOU Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors Programs: Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Masters Programs: Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
IGNOU University Courses List
IGNOU Bachelor Degree Courses
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) – Construction Management (BTCM)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) (starting from 2004-05)
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Library & Information Sciences (BLIS)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) – Water Resource Engineering (BTWRE)
- Bachelor in Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) – Mechanical Engineering (Computer Integrated Manufacturing) (BTME)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) – Hospitality & Hotel Administration (BHA)
- Bachelor of Science – Nautical Science (starting 2004-05)Bachelors Preparatory Programme (BPP)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) – Finance and Taxation
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) – Optometry and Ophthalmic Techniques
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) – International Hospitality Administration
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) – Tourism Studies
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) – Computer Science Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) – Computer Science Engineering
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – Retailing
- Bachelor of Science – Nursing (B.Sc(N)
IGNOU Diploma Courses
IGNOU PG Dipmoma course list
- Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Development (PGDRD)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Educational Technology
- Postgraduate Certificate Programme in Participatory Management of Displacement, Resettlement and Rehabilitation (PGCMRR)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Copy editing and Proof Reading (PGCCP)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Process Outsourcing (PGDLPO)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Radio Prasaran (PGDRP)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental and Sustainable Development (PGDESD)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Geriatric Medicine (PGDGM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDIM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in School Leadership and Management for Head Teachers (PGDSLMHT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Operation (PGDIBO)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management (PGDHHM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (PGJMC)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Distance Education (PGDDE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Translation (PGDT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education (PGDHE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Right (PGDIPR)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Writing for Television (PGCTW)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Maternal and Child Health (PGDMCH)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Audio Programm Production (PGDAPP)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Library Automation and Networking (PGDLAN)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Educational Management and Administration
- Postgraduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Disaster Management (PGDDM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Radio Writing
List of IGNOU PhD Courses
For PHD Courses admissions, This university conducts an entrance test that is patterned on UGC and CSIR exam. Candidates holding an MPhil degree or those with required eligibility and experience are exempted from appearing for the university’s entrance test
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Physics
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – English
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Education
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Management
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Public Administration
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Distance Education
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Mathematics
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Sociology
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Commerce
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Social Work
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Womens Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Tourism Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Economics
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Hindi
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – History
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Political Science
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Child Development
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Library and Information Sciences
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Rural Development
IGNOU Masters Degree Courses
IGNOU MA , MCOM, MBA and MCA Course details
- Master of Commerce (MCom) – Finance and Taxation
- Master of Arts – English (MEG)
- Commonwealth Executive Master of Business Administration (CEMBA)
- Master of Science – Hospitality Administration (MHA)
- Master of Arts – Economics (MEC)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science – Dietetics & Food Service Management (DFSM)
- Master of Library & Information Sciences (MLIS)
- Master of Commerce (MCom)
- Master of Arts – History (MAH)
- Master of Arts – Distance Education (MADE)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Arts – Hindi (MHD)
- Master of Arts – Political Science (MPS)
- Master of Arts – Sociology (MSO)
- Master of Science (MSc) – Chemistry
- Master of Business Administration – Banking and Finance (MBF)
- Master of Tourism Management (MTM)
- Master of Arts – Public Administration (MPA)
- Commonwealth Executive Master of Public Administration (CEMPA)
- Master of Arts – Rural Development (MARD)
IGNOU Courses 2019 Eligibility Criteria
For Master’s courses, candidates require a bachelor’s degree or a higher degree from a recognised university. The minimum requirements pertaining to compulsory subjects to have been studied and experience may vary according to courses. Some courses may also require bachelor’s degree along with a PG diploma or just a PG diploma may be compulsory.
For bachelor’s courses, candidates must have passed their 10+2 from a recognised board or BPP from IGNOU. However, some courses will need candidates to have completed their graduation/hold a PG diploma/be in-service/possess minimum experience.
For Postgraduate diploma courses, the minimum eligibility criteria for most of the courses require candidates to be graduates.
For diploma courses, the eligibility criteria requires candidates to have completed their 10+2 or enrolled in BPP programmes or simultaneously pursuing 10th grade along with BPP. Some courses may require candidate to have passed only 10th grade. Some courses may require candidates need to be graduates. The minimum experience or compulsory subject requirement will vary as per courses.
For certificate courses, some courses require applicants to have done their graduation, some need applicants to have finished their 10+2, and some need to be just 10th or 8th pass. Again, the minimum requirements pertaining to compulsory subjects and experience will vary as per courses.
IGNOU Courses 2019 – Important Dates
|Events||January Cycle||July Cycle|
|Admission starts||November 5, 2018 – January 15, 2019||May – August 2019|
|Re-registration||November 1, 2018 to November 30, 2018
December 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018
|Last week of January 2019 – Third week of March 2019
Last week of March 2019 – Third week of April 2019
Last week of April 2019 – Third week of May 2019
Last week of May 2019 – Second week of June 2019
|Term End Exam Form Submission||September 1, 2019 – October 31, 2019
November 1, 2019 – November 10, 2019
|Last week of February 2020- Third week of April 2020
Last week of April 2020 – First week of May 2020
|Practical Dates||January 2019||July 2020|
|Project Submission||Last date – Fourth week of November 2019||Last date – Fourth week of
|Assignment Submission||Last date extened till Novermber 30, 2019||As per mentioned on the assignment booklet|
|Term End Examination||December 2019||June 2020|
|Release of hall ticket||Seven days before the exams start||Seven days before the exams
|Results||December 2019||Will be notified by the university|
|Entrance Exam for B.Ed. and B.Sc. Nursing (Post)||February and August every year|
Official IGNOU Link –>> Click Here
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), established by an Act of Parliament in 1985, has continuously striven to build an inclusive knowledge society through inclusive education. It has tried to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) by offering high-quality teaching through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
The University began by offering two academic programmes in 1987, i.e., Diploma in Management and Diploma in Distance Education, with a strength of 4,528 students.
Today, it serves the educational aspirations of over 3 million students in India and other countries through 21 Schools of Studies and a network of 67 regional centres, around 2,667 learner support centres and 29 overseas partner institutions. The University offers about 228 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes, with a strength of nearly 810 faculty members and 574 academic staff at the headquarters and regional centres and about 33,212 academic counsellors from conventional institutions of higher learning, professional organisations, and industry among others.
The mandate of the University is to:
Provide access to higher education to all segments of the society;
Offer high-quality, innovative and need-based programmes at different levels, to all those who require them;
Reach out to the disadvantaged by offering programmes in all parts of the country at affordable costs; and
Promote, coordinate and regulate the standards of education offered through open and distance learning in the country.
To achieve the twin objectives of widening access for all sections of society and providing continual professional development and training to all sectors of the economy, the University uses a variety of media and latest technology in imparting education. This is reflected in the formulated vision of IGNOU, keeping its objectives in focus, which reads:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University, the National Resource Centre for Open and Distance Learning, with international recognition and presence, shall provide seamless access to sustainable and learner-centric quality education, skill upgradation and training to all by using innovative technologies and methodologies and ensuring convergence of existing systems for large-scale human resource development, required for promoting integrated national development and global understanding.
The University has made a significant mark in the areas of higher education, community education and continual professional development. The University has been networking with reputed public institutions and private enterprises for enhancing the educational opportunities being offered by it. As a world leader in distance education, it has been conferred with awards of excellence by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Canada, several times.
The University is committed to quality in teaching, research, training and extension activities, and acts as a national resource centre for expertise and infrastructure in the ODL system. The University has established the Centre for Extension Education, National Centre for Disability Studies and National Centre for Innovation in Distance Education, to focus on specific learner groups and enrich the distance learning system.
With the launch of EduSat (a satellite dedicated only to education) on 20th September, 2004, and the establishment of the Inter-University Consortium, the University has ushered in a new era of technology-enabled education in the country. All the regional centres and high enrollment study centres have been provided with active two-way video-conferencing network connectivity, which has made it possible to transact interactive digital content.
Emphasis is now being laid on developing interactive multimedia and online learning, and adding value to the traditional distance education delivery mode with modern technology-enabled education within the framework of blended learning.
Over the years, IGNOU has lived up to the country’s expectations of providing education to the marginalised sections of society. Free of cost education is being provided to all jail inmates across the country. A large number of SC/ST students have been admitted to various programmes of the University.
IGNOU has 21 schools and a network of 67 regional centres, 2667 study centres, and 29 overseas centres (in 15 countries). Approximately 20% of all students enrolled in higher education in India are enrolled with IGNOU. IGNOU offers 226 academic programs comprising courses at certificate, diploma and degree levels.
|School of Humanities||Prof. Satyakam|
|School of Social Sciences||Prof. Swaraj Basu|
|School of Sciences||Prof. M S Nathawat|
|School of Education||Prof. Saroj Pandey|
|School of Continuing Education||Dr. Heena Bijli|
|School of Engineering & Technology||Dr. Rakhi Sharma|
|School of Management Studies||Prof. Madhu Tyagi|
|School of Health Sciences||Prof. S B Arora|
|School of Computer & Information Sciences||Dr. V. V. Subrahmanyam|
|School of Agriculture||Prof M K Salooja|
|School of Law||Prof K Elumalai|
|School of Journalism and New Media Studies||Dr. Shambhu Nath singh|
|School of Gender & Development Studies||Prof Neelima Srivastava|
|School of Tourism Hospitality Service Management||Prof. Ravindra Kumar|
|School of Interdisciplinary & Trans-disciplinary Studies||Dr. Boyina Rupini|
|School of Social Work||Dr. Rose Nembiakkim|
|School of Vocational Education and Training||Prof. R S P Singh|
|School of Extension & Development Studies||Dr Nehal A Farooquee|
|School of Foreign Languages|
|School of Translation Studies and Training||Dr Rajendra Prasad Pandey|
|School of Performing & Visual Arts||Dr Govindaraju Bharawa|
Regional Centres of IGNOU
|AGARTALA (26)||AHMEDABAD (9)||AIZAWL (19)||ALIGARH (47)|
|BANGALORE (13)||BHAGALPUR (82)||BHOPAL (15)||BHUBANESWAR (21)|
|BIJAPUR (85)||CHANDIGARH (06)||CHENNAI (25)||COCHIN (14)|
|DARBHANGA (46)||DEHRADUN (31)||DELHI-1 (07)||DELHI-2 (29)|
|DELHI-3 (38)||DEOGHAR (87)||GANGTOK (24)||GUWAHATI (04)|
|HYDERABAD (01)||IMPHAL (17)||ITANAGAR (03)||JABALPUR (41)|
|JAIPUR (23)||JAMMU (12)||JODHPUR (88)||JORHAT (37)|
|KARNAL (10)||KHANNA (22)||KOHIMA (20)||KOLKATA (28)|
|KORAPUT (44)||LUCKNOW (27)||MADURAI (43)||MUMBAI (49)|
|NAGPUR (36)||NOIDA (39)||PANAJI (08)||PATNA (05)|
|PORT BLAIR (02)||PUNE (16)||RAGHUNATHGANJ (50)||RAIPUR (35)|
|RAJKOT (42)||RANCHI (32)||SAHARSA (86)||SHILLONG (18)|
|SHIMLA (11)||SILIGURI (45)||SRINAGAR (30)||TRIVANDRUM (40)|
|VARANASI (48)||VATAKARA (83)||VIJAYAWADA (33)||VISAKHAPATNAM (84)|
NOTE – Stay tuned to Brigthcareers.com for more news and updates on IGNOU 2019. Please Like, Share, and Follow us on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter for future updates.